Edmonton & Devon
What is OSSA Fall Protection?
This is the Oil Sands Safety Association or “OSSA” Fall Protection Classroom Training Course. It is offered several times each week. Upon successful completion of the classroom theory and practical portions, as well as a test, you will receive a certification card that is valid for 3 years.
If you are looking for a "fall arrest", "hazard" or a "harness" course, this is the same course, differing names are used in the industry.
The course is 8 hours long, and covers all aspects of fall protection training for workers in most industries, such as industrial, construction, oil and gas, mining, telecommunication and power generation.
Contact us to request group bookings for On-Site OSSA Fall Protection Training Course in Edmonton & surrounding areas.
Why is Fall Protection training important?
Working at height is risky work, and a major element of worker safety, is understanding the best practices for safe working procedures. Our fall protection program not only discusses common fall arrest equipment, but also alternative methods to working at height. Certification is a great way to ensure your workers have the knowledge they need to work safely.
This one day Oil Sands Safety Association (OSSA) Approved fall protection course meets the requirements of a training program according to Part 9 of the Alberta OHS Code. MI Safety Inc staff were involved in the OHS part 9 committee in the 2006 and 2009 legislation review. Because of this, we have an inherent understanding of the intent of the legislation.
What will I learn in this safety training course?
In this course, the following topics are covered:
- fall statistics, definitions and the parts of a fall protection system
- permanent, temporary and engineered anchors
- energy absorbers and shock absorbers, lanyards, self retracting life lines, vertical life lines and rope grabs, and horizontal life lines
- harness types, uses, donning, and inspection
- free fall, total fall distance and required clearance
- control zones, safety nets, and fall protection on ladders
- equipment care, maintenance, and inspection
- fall protection planning and fall rescue planning and equipment
Our course is the standard for training not only in Alberta, but has been adopted across Canada. The Oil Sands Safety Association has done a great job of creating a level of excellence that is recognized nationally. Our fall protection and fall arrest course has the highest quality visual examples and the most experienced instructors.