Edmonton & Devon
What is Enform H2S Alive?
Enform H2S Alive training course is the standard for H2S training in the Oil and Gas Industry. It is designed for workers who may be exposed to hydrogen sulphide.
This is an 8-hour classroom-based training course with elements of hands-on and theory instruction.
Enform H2S Alive certification is earned by taking this course.
Contact us to request group bookings for On-Site Enform H2S Alive Training Course in Edmonton & surrounding areas.
Why is H2S Alive training important?
This course is required for most oil and gas sites. Hydrogen sulphide has been a problem in industrial settings since their beginning.
At most concentrations you cannot tell the difference between H2S and Air. It is invisible, tasteless, and deadens your sense of smell. It can be found in decaying organic matter on farms, waste treatment plants, in mines, and anywhere oil or gas is processed.
Even small amounts, 0.07% (700ppm) the gas can be instantly fatal if workers do not have proper training. In 1978, there were 8 fatalities a year. Now, with better equipment, practices and training, fatalities from the gas average one every three years.
What will I learn in this safety training course?
- H2S properties
- STEL (Short Term Exposure Limits) and TWA (Time Weighted Averages)
- H2S health hazards
- fatalities and incidents
- the seven step initial response strategy
- evacuate, alarm, assess, protection, rescue, revive, and medical aid
- positive pressure breathing apparatus
- IDLH (Immediately Dangerous to Life and Health)
- the parts to a SCBA and SABA
- donning and inspection of breathing apparatus
- gas detection
- parts of an electronic gas monitor
- how 4 head gas monitors work
- personal monitors versus portable monitors and fixed gas detection
- bump and function tests and calibration
- rescue considerations
- rescue carries
- first aid for H2S
The Enform H2S Alive course has been around for over 35 years. Beyond the Canadian Oil Patch, it has been adopted throughout the USA. It is the most in-depth training available on the topic anywhere in the world.