Confined Space Training Course $215.00
Edmonton & Devon
What is Confined Space Entry and Rescue Training?
The Confined Space Entry and Rescue Training Course is a classroom based training course with a hands-on rescue component.
The entry and rescue training is often a required course for oil and gas, construction, and other industry employees.
If you are looking for the OSSA Confined Space Entry and Monitor Course (click here)
Contact us to request group bookings for On-Site Confined Space Entry and Rescue Training Course in Edmonton & surrounding areas.
Why is this safety class important?
Confined Space Entry training is required is because Confined Space Entry work is extremely hazardous. These spaces are not designed for human occupancy: confined spaces are 150 times more dangerous than regular workplaces.
Additionally, harmful substances or processes may exist. Proper training, safe work procedures, and safety/rescue equipment is needed to ensure workers are protected.
Our comprehensive training is covered in a one-day course. Students gain an understanding of confined space entry, monitor, and rescue techniques.
The course includes theoretical and practical components: Each chapter has opportunities for hands-on learning, student feedback, and knowledge testing.
What will I learn in a Confined Space Entry and Rescue Course?
Theoretical Components of the course include:
- Definition of a enclosed and confined spaces
- Confined space hazards
- Hazard assessment
- How to complete a confined space entry permit
- Electronic Monitors, Function testing and Calibration
- Safety monitor and safety watch
- Rescue Equipment, rescue training, and ERP Planning
The practical component of our course has the following components:
- Testing of hazardous atmospheres, using gas detection monitors, Rae and Draeger tube type detector pumps
- Completion of documents needed for pre‐entry.
- Mock entry, evacuation and rescue from a confined space
- Rescue drills from a confined space simulator.
This Confined Space Entry and Rescue Training Course is 8 to 10 hours and students will receive certification that is valid for 3 years.